Figma is a great tool to create and discuss designs in a cross-functional setting. Finally, with Kitemaker, everyone working on the same work item will quickly discover and join discussions happening in Figma.
k). Then select the Discord or Slack integration and follow the installation steps. Then select Figma to set the integration up to make all the magic happen.
Reference work items from Figma
Suppose a discussion happening in Figma is relevant for a work item. In that case, you can simply reference the work item by it’s number, and the comment will appear in the work item’s activity feed, and the members will be notified. To do this, copy the work item number (Ctrl+I or ⌘+I) and add it to the comment in Figma. This creates an activity with the content of your comment and a link to it. We will also notify any assignees or watchers about the update. This is a great way to ensure that the team never loses a relevant discussion or comment.
Embed designs in work items
When Figma designs are embedded into a work item or theme description, then two magical things will happen:
- The thumbnail will automatically update after design changes
- New comment threads in the embedded design will appear in the activity feed.
Please note that embedding designs are ‘node’ dependent. Meaning:
- If you link to a Figma file, all comments in the file will be shown in the work item
- If you link to a page in a Figma file, only comments on that page will be shown in the work item
- If you link to a single node (or frame), only comments inside that node (or frame) will be shown in the work item.